- Why Eleventy?
- Getting Started
- Working with Templates
- Using Data
- Template Languages
- API Services
- Release History
Eleventy is a simpler static site generator. Jump to heading
- Eleventy is production ready and trusted by:
- Trusted by
- CSS Tricks
- A11Y Project
- Open Web Docs
- Chrome Developers
- Stack Overflow
- Filament Group
- Set Studio
- Khan Academy
- UX London
- Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison
- The government of France
- …and more
- Eleventy is zero-config (by default) with flexible configuration options.
- Eleventy uses independent template languages. We don’t want to hold your content hostage with a custom format. If you decide to use a different syntax later, having your content decoupled in this way will make migration easier.
- Eleventy works with multiple template languages. You can pick one or use them all together in a single project:
- Eleventy works with your project’s existing directory structure and allows incremental adoption. You don’t need to start an Eleventy project from scratch. Eleventy is flexible enough to allow conversion of only a few templates at a time. Migrate as fast or as slow as you’d like.
- Eleventy works great with data—use front matter and/or load from an API using data files to inject into your templates.
Read more about Eleventy’s project goals.
➡ Keep going! Read Getting Started.
Don’t just take my word for it 🌈 Jump to heading
There are a bunch of sites built using Eleventy. But listen to what these happy developers are saying about Eleventy:
“Seriously can't remember enjoying using a Static Site Generator this much. Yes Hugo is rapid, but this is all so logical. It feels like it was designed by someone who has been through lots of pain and success using other SSGs.” —Phil Hawksworth
“Eleventy + Netlify have become my new workflow for static sites. I think I'm in love.” —Mina Markham
“Eleventy is my fave.” —Tatiana Mac
“I looked into and actively tried using various static site generators for this project. Eleventy was the only one I could find that gave me the fine-grained control I needed at blazingly fast build times.” —Mathias Bynens
“Eleventy is absolutely wonderful. It’s by far the nicest static site generator I’ve used in what feels like forever.” —Addy Osmani
“Jekyll is dead to me” —Andy Bell
“I heard Eleventy was good” —Lach Zeatherman
“Just the kind of simple / common sense tool I love. The data/folder hierarchy mechanism is super obvious and elegant.” —Heydon Pickering
“Don’t tell Zach I said it but Eleventy is seeming fresh as hell so far” —Mat Marquis
“Eleventy and web components go really, really well together.” —Justin Fagnani
“Eleventy is almost fascinatingly simple.” —Chris Coyier
“I actually used Eleventy for the first time this week. Loved it.” —Paul Lewis
“Eleventy is a killer static site generator. That’s all.” —Sara Soueidan
“Think the reason everyone is loving [Eleventy] so much (myself included) is that it doesn't come with a prescription about data sources or template rendering.” —Brian Leroux
Read the replies to: “Fans of Eleventy.... why do you like it better than other static site generators?”
…and many more!
Competitors Jump to heading
This project aims to directly compete with all other Site Generators. We encourage you to try out our competition:
- Jekyll (Ruby)
- Hugo (Go)
- Bridgetown (Ruby)
- More at jamstack.org